Plantation Shutters are easily cleaned without harsh chemicals. The shutter surfaces will collect a layer of dust over a period of time. Regular cleaning with a slightly damp cloth will remove the dust. If more thorough cleaning is required, then use mild dishwashing liquid diluted in water and wipe using a soft cloth.
If this is not sufficient, then use a mild base household cleaner for more difficult dirt and stains.
Caution: NEVER USE silicon-based sprays, chlorine-based cleaners or abrasive cleaners on shutters as they may affect the surface appearance and durability.
Canvas, Acrylic & Mesh Awnings
1. Keep the fabric clean by hosing regularly to remove dust, bird droppings and other solid particles.
2. Do not apply detergents, cleaning fluids or insecticides. Bleach products should not be used to clean the PU coating on the underside of Docril Nautica fabrics, as bleach will discolour the coating. Strictly use a mild soap solution and water only for cleaning.
3. Keep petrol, oil, solvents, kerosene and other similar fluids away from the fabric.
4. Do not allow bird droppings, earth, sand or vegetable matter to remain in contact with the fabric.
5. Water based stains should be treated first by rinsing with cold water. If this is not sufficient,
6. Fabrics may be washed with a mild solution of soap in lukewarm water and rinsed thoroughly. We recommend gentle brushing with a soft brush or sponge as harsh scrubbing can damage the teflon coating.
It is important that a awning or blind is let down to dry after wet weather and should not be rolled up or stowed away when wet.
STUBBORN STAINS: CLEAN THOROUGHLY WITH NON-ABRASIVE
HOUSEHOLD CLEANERS, DILUTED RUBBING ALCOHOL OR DILUTED BLEACH –
1:20 CONCENTRATION. RINSE IMMEDIATELY WITH CLEAN WATER AND DRY THOROUGHLY. DO NOT USE BLEACH ON UNDERSIDE OF DOCRIL NAUTICA FABRICS.